welcome

One of the responsibilities of a parent is to guide their children on a spiritual journey that introduces them to their Creator. Sound intimidating? It is! ALL parents face challenges and need sources of inspiration, encouragement, and plain old help. So here is a way for you to connect with and build on what your children are learning in kidSPACE. Use it to expand on your ideas, skills and influence as a parent....kidSPACE konnections!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving Follow-Up

Thanksgiving has come and gone already (that was fast!) so I wanted to update you all on my Thanksgiving projects. I have not gone shopping with the kids yet to pick out items for the Loft but plan on doing that sometime in the next few days. We did, however, start our memories on our "Thankful Tablecloth" and had a lot of fun reflecting on how God has blessed us.
On Thanksgiving morning I pulled out the tablecloth and announced that we were going to write on it! Ben thought I was joking but after I explained what we were going to do he was very excited about the project. So we all thought about what we were thankful for this year and wrote it on the tablecloth along with our names and the year.



 The challenge for upcoming years, especially for the kids, will be to pick specific ways God has blessed them throughout the year. Otherwise we might get "mom" every year. But I guess I'm okay with that. :) It turned out to be a great opportunity to practice thankfulness after all.  And I'm looking forward to looking over our blessings each year when we pull it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment