welcome

One of the responsibilities of a parent is to guide their children on a spiritual journey that introduces them to their Creator. Sound intimidating? It is! ALL parents face challenges and need sources of inspiration, encouragement, and plain old help. So here is a way for you to connect with and build on what your children are learning in kidSPACE. Use it to expand on your ideas, skills and influence as a parent....kidSPACE konnections!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Little Thing Called Worry


Below is a post I wrote a couple of weeks ago but saved for a later date. With the start of school and Michael's message this past Sunday on worry, I think this is the right time to post it!
________________________________________________________________________________

Sometimes it's hard not to worry about my kids. I often find myself wondering "Will they have good friends as they grow up? "Will they be good friends to those around them-not just the popular kids, but the kids that are hard to love?" "Will they be leaders or followers?"
These questions can be good to ask. But they can also lead to worry. What I have discovered is that worrying about my kids usually stems from a feeling of helplessness when I realize that they are their own little creatures, and I can't control much of what they do. I try, believe me I try, but I get constant reminders of how independent they are becoming.
So I am learning to take those feelings and RELEASE them to One who loves and knows my children even more than I do. The One who created them and designed them to be just the way they are.
If you ever worry about your children, or struggle with trying to control who they are and what they do, here's some encouragement for you. If we had even a glimmer of the perspective that God has, all of our worries would be gone!


Psalm 139:13, 14  

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb, I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

John 14:27             

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Psalm 55:22           

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

Isaiah 44:24           

This is what the Lord says-your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb:
                                  I am the Lord,
                                  who has made all things,
                                  who alone stretched out the heavens,
                                  who spread out the earth by myself

Psalm 46:10           

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment